"Thai Style Red Mullet"
2 x 500g Whole Red Mullets gutted scaled, trimmed and scored
For the marinade:
3 tbsp olive oil
2 stems lemongrass, finely sliced
6 lime leaves, finely chopped
2/3 large red chillies finely sliced
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
10g chopped coriander
2 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
2 tbsp vegetable oil for brushing
Lime wedges to serve
Must have accessory: Weber® Original Fish Basket
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add lemongrass, lime leaves, chillies and ginger.
2. Cook gently for 2/3 minutes until soft, allowing all the flavours to develop. Take pan off heat. Add the brown sugar allowing it to melt and the mixture to cool. Add the coriander and fish sauce.
3. Brush the fish with vegetable oil. Rub the marinade into each fish, allow to infuse for at least 2 hours.
4. Season well with sea salt just before cooking.
5. Cook on a medium direct heat for about 20 minutes or until the fish is coming away from the bone, turning the fish basket just once after 10 minutes.
6. Serve with wedges of fresh lime.